Information That We Collect
The information we may collect about you in connection with your use of the Services can include “Personal Information” (ie, information that we can use to identify you, such as your name or email address) and “Non-personal Information” (ie, information that we do not use to identify you). We may associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, and upon doing so such information will become Personal Information.
- Market Research. We may invite you to participate in market research surveys for GU Oncology Now and market research surveys conducted on behalf of third-party sponsors either by GU Oncology Now or a third party (“Sponsored Surveys”). In this context, “sponsor” means the provider of products and services who commissioned the survey. GU Oncology Now surveys may be administered by us or by a third party acting on our behalf. For some surveys, you may be asked to provide contact information for honoraria fulfillment.
- Continuing Medical Education. When you participate in a continuing medical education (CME) or a continuing education (CE) activity made available to you through GU Oncology Now, you may be asked to provide Personal Information as required by that particular activity.
- Tools. Clinical tools may be available through the Services. These tools may require you to provide Personal Information for the tools to operate.
We use web beacons and cookies to:
- Track usage of the Services
- Help us deliver more relevant advertising and content to users of the Services
- Assess which Services our users access
- Track who has opened our emails
Emails You Send to Us
How We May Use Your Information
The ways we may use the Personal Information and Non-personal Information we collect about you are outlined below.
- Communications. By registering for the Services, you are consenting to receive certain communications. Specifically, we may use your registration information to send you communications about our products and services and the products and services of our third-party sponsors through pop-ups, banners, and emails. You may also subscribe to receive certain email newsletters.
- Marketing and Advertising. In connection with advertising and marketing activities, Mashup Media, LLC may:
- Research, Development, and Evaluation Activities. We use information that we collect about users of our Services, including Personal Information, to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Services (including advertising and Sponsored Programs), to develop new Services, and for market analysis. We may combine this information with information that we obtain from third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Companies and People Who Work for Us. We contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide the Services and otherwise assist us in the operation of our businesses. For example, we may host one of our Sites on another company’s computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our clinical tools, and work with companies to analyze data, provide marketing assistance (including assisting us in targeting our advertisements as described herein), or deliver customer service or fulfillment services. In addition, if you are a health care professional, we may request that a third party validate your licensure status and other information against available databases of health care professionals. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we may provide these companies and individuals with Personal Information about users of our Services so that they can fulfill their responsibilities to us; however, we do require that they agree to limit their use of this Personal Information to the fulfillment of these responsibilities.
- Aggregated Information. We may provide aggregated information about users of our Services to third parties as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. For example, Mashup Media, LLC may tell a customer what percentage of participants in a market research survey selected a particular response to a survey question. We may also use Personal Information to evaluate the performance of an advertising campaign and may provide aggregate outcomes information to the advertiser.
- Advertising and Sponsored Programs. We may provide your Personal Information to third-party sponsors of advertisements and Sponsored Programs. Specifically, when you are exposed to an advertisement through the Services, whether on the Website, in a newsletter, or through some other means, or when you engage in a Sponsored Program (eg, access a sponsored information resource or open a Sponsored Program email from Mashup Media, LLC), Mashup Media, LLC may provide your Personal Information, such as your name and occupation/specialty, but not your contact information, such as your email address and postal address, to the sponsor of the advertisement or Sponsored Program and/or its agents on the sponsor’s behalf. We may also provide such third parties with details about your engagement with the advertisement or Sponsored Program (eg, whether you viewed or otherwise interacted with certain content), your answers to any polling questions contained in the Sponsored Program that you have chosen to provide, and information about you that we have received from third parties. We are not responsible for how these third parties use your information and manage your privacy.
- Market Research Surveys. If you receive remuneration for participating in a Sponsored Survey, we may be required to provide the sponsor (or the market research company acting on its behalf) with your Personal Information for the sponsor’s recordkeeping and/or regulatory reporting purposes. If you chose to access a Sponsored Survey that is conducted by a third-party market research company, we may identify you to this company through the survey link. Also, certain market research survey opportunities made available to you through the Services require the market research company to contact you directly to conduct the Sponsored Survey. We will inform you in the associated survey invitation that we intend to provide your contact information to the market research company that is conducting the Sponsored Survey so that you can decide at such time if you wish to proceed with the opportunity. We do not disclose your Sponsored Survey responses to the associated sponsor in a manner identifiable to you.
- Legal Requirement. We may release Personal Information when we believe (1) release is required to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (2) release is reasonable in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights of us or others.
Security of Information
We have implemented technology and security policies and other measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also require that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
- Email Communications. If you no longer wish to receive a particular type of email communication from Mashup Media, LLC or GU Oncology Now, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email and following the instructions.
Note to Users Outside of the United States
GU Oncology Now and the Services are designed and intended for use by adults and are not intended for nor designed to be used by children under the age of 18. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
Privacy Questions or Concerns
For privacy questions or concerns about GU Oncology Now or the Services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective date: September 21, 2022